Date: April 12, 2018
Roman was awarded the Outstanding Dissertation Award at the SBM’s 2018 Annual Meeting & Scientific Sessions, which was held April 11-14 in New Orleans, LA.
Date: April 12, 2018
We made the following presentations at the 38th SBM Annual Meeting & Scientific Sessions (SBM 2018).
- Integrated Biobehavioral Approach to Improve Adherence to Pre-exposure Prophylaxis and Reduce HIV Risk in People Who Use Drugs
- Experiences Using Pre-exposure Prophylaxis for HIV Prevention Among High Risk Drug Users
Date: February 23, 2018
Roman has been elected in the Editorial Board Member of AIDS & Behavior. AIDS and Behavior provides an international venue for the scientific exchange of research and scholarly work on the contributing factors, prevention, consequences, social impact, and response to HIV/AIDS.
Date: February 6, 2018
Roman has been selected to receive the Student Optimization of Behavioral and Bio-behavioral Interventions Research Award, which will be presented at SBM’s 2018 Annual Meeting & Scientific Sessions, being held April 11-14 in New Orleans, LA.
Date: January 24, 2018
Roman Shrestha presented “Developing and Testing a Brief, Integrated Bio-Behavioral HIV Prevention Intervention for High Risk Drug Users” at the CIRA Clinical and Health Services Research (CHSR) Core meeting (Yale University).
Date: March 30th – April 1st, 2017
We made the following presentations at the 38th SBM Annual Meeting & Scientific Sessions (SBM 2017).
- Correlates of Willingness to Use Pre-exposure Prophylaxis (prep) Among High-risk Drug Users in Treatment
- Developing a BioBehavioral HIV Intervention for High-Risk Drug Users: Taking into Account Impact of Neurocognitive Impairment
- Examining the Acceptability of mHealth Technology in HIV Prevention among High-risk Drug Users in Treatment
Date: November 1st, 2016
We made the following oral presentations at the American Public Health Association Annual Conference 2016 (APHA 2016).
- A moderated mediating model of stigma, depression, and social support on quality of life among incarcerated, HIV-positive men with opioid dependence in Malaysia
- Influence of Neurocognitive Impairment, Depression, and Alcohol Use Disorders on Quality of Life among Incarcerated, HIV-Positive Opioid Dependent Malaysian Men: A Moderated Mediation Analysis
- Use of Female Sex Workers among Men in Nepal: Prevalence, STIs/HIV-Related Risk Behaviors, and Gender Ideology
- Modeling the influence of neurocognitive impairment on HIV risk reduction behaviors among drug users in treatment
- Self-efficacy mediates the effect of neurocognitive impairment on HIV risk reduction intervention outcomes among high-risk drug users in treatment
Date: July 12th, 2016
Roman Shrestha presented “The Influence of Neurocognitive Impairment, Depression, and Alcohol Use Disorders on Health-Related Quality of Life among Incarcerated, HIV-Infected, Opioid Dependent Malaysian Men: A Moderated Mediation Analysis” at the YCCR Research-in-Progress Seminar (Yale University).
Date: June 12th, 2016
Roman Shrestha has been selected to receive the CPDD Travel Award for Early Career Investigators to attend the CPDD 78th Annual Scientific Meeting, which will be held in Palm Springs, California. Read more>>>
Date: June 11th, 2016
We presented two papers entitled, “Modeling a theory-based approach to examine the influence of neurocognitive impairment on HIV risk reduction behaviors among drug users in treatment” and “An exploratory factor analysis of a brief self-report scale to detect neurocognitive impairment among MMT patients” at the CPDD 78th Annual Scientific Meeting, which was held in Palm Springs, Californiia. Read more>>>
Date: June 6th, 2016
Our recent article entitled, “The Impact of Methadone Maintenance Treatment on HIV Risk Behaviors among High-Risk Injection Drug Users: A Systematic Review” was recently featured in the June 2016 edition of the AIDSFree Prevention Update, which is published by the USAID – US Agency for International Development, The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), & the AIDSFree. The AIDSFree Prevention Update provides a sample of summaries and abstracts of recent articles on global HIV prevention issues from a variety of scientific, peer-reviewed journals. It also includes state-of-the-art program resources, such as tools, curricula, program reports, and unpublished research findings. Read more>>>
Date: November 4th, 2015
Roman Shrestha made an oral presentation at the American Public Health Association Annual Conference (APHA 2015).
Title: Association between intimate partner violence and STI/HIV-related risk behaviors: Findings from the Nepal Demographic Health Survey